The Washington Pulp & Paper Foundation is a dynamic organization of member companies committed to supporting the Bioresource Science and Engineering (BSE) program at the University of Washington. The Foundation represents an investment in the future through students and technology. In no other way can we so effectively bring dedicated, talented and highly qualified young people into this industry and its allied industries.
Our membership levels carry the approximate relation to scholarships as shown below, and we are flexible in developing introductory memberships or meeting other needs. We would be pleased to talk with your company about the Foundation and would invite you to visit us at the University of Washington.
|Level||Annual Contribution||Relation to Scholarships|
|Platinum||$20,000||1 Premium Level student for four years|
|Purple & |
|$10,000||1 transfer student for two years|
|Gold||$6,000||2 freshmen students for one year|
|Silver||$3,000||1 freshman student for one year|
|Member||$2,160||1 freshman student for two terms|
|Custom – Organization & Individual||$ to be arranged||Varies|
|Alumni & Friends||$200|
The Foundation provides several benefits to our members. When polled about the value of Foundation membership, our members responded with a list of benefits they felt more than justified their participation.
- Opportunity to engage future employees while they are students
- Opportunity to present your firm to students at an exclusive information event
- Effective and efficient recruiting of future employees and interns
- Networking with other member firms who are potential clients
- Access to the paper center laboratory and pilot resources
- Recognition of your membership by clients who are also members
- An introduction to bio-based research
- Provides senior management awareness of the program
- Can be a part of a firm’s public outreach and advertising
- Opportunity to influence curriculum
- Unique opportunity for rural and first generation University students
- A way to make tax-deductible contributions to education while also benefiting the industry and your company